Sunday, September 5, 2010

This and That

September already. Where has the last eight months gone since the start of the new year? Did time really go this quickly when I was a kid? It always seemed like it was F-O-R-E-V-E-R between Christmases. LOL.

We've been in school for just over a month now and the girls are doing so well with getting up and dressed, beds made, and out the door by 7:30. We've been arriving to school with plenty of time to spare, except for one day when my van broke down on the way to school and Steven had to pick us up and take us to school, we walked in that day as the bell was ringing. LOL.
*********************
I've found that it's become quite an adjustment to having both the girls gone all day. Despite having things I could do around the house, etc, I spent a day or two this week wasting away on the computer. What I need to do is sit down and write a list of all the things I'd like to get done and then start working on that list.
*********************
Rachel's birthday has come and gone. And the next event I'm working on is planning our church Harvest Party. We did a Harvest Party last year and I'm hoping this year will prove to be a great time once again.
*********************
As for the job situation, I continue to check the scheduling website. After checking for the last week and a half, I finally managed to pick up one more shift today, It's for the beginning of October and it won't be at Stater Bros., it'll be at the local Waste Management Facility giving flu shots to the employees. I check the site several times a day for more shifts. I wish I had gone ahead and taken some of the shifts that were a little driving distance when they were first available and then decided later if I really wanted them. Oh well, I'll just keep checking.
*********************
The 5th grade field trip to Washington DC that was proposed, has been officially cancelled due to the lack of interest. It was for that very reason that I looked into a part time job to bring in money so that I could go. But since it's been cancelled, I'm excited to bring in some extra money to help with some major expenses(termites, van repair, Rachel's speech) we've had in recent months...

Edited to Add: Within the last half an hour, I was able to score a shift for THIS WEEK!!! I'll be working at a local Sam's Club. I'm a little nervous now that I'm faced with a shift THIS week. LOL.

Guess I'll be spending some time this week reviewing how to set up the clinic and all the paperwork, etc.

And it's time to get out the scrubs and find one that fits eleven years later, and polish up my shoes!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm so excited for you! I know you're going to have fun doing this!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...