Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Goal for 2013

This October, I will celebrate a milestone of a birthday. I'll be turning 40!!!When 2013 started, I set a goal for myself to loose a certain amount of weight by my birthday.

Therefore, on January 2, I started counting calories with the help of Sparkpeople.com. In this day and age of technology and smart phones, counting calories has never been easier, with convenient Apps on the smart phone, and restaurant websites at your fingertips for looking up nutritional values.

In addition to counting calories, I also started exercising in the form of walking. My goal was to walk three days a week at the track, and then some sort of exercise on the weekend as a family, whether it be a bike ride, or walk up Mt. Rubidoux, etc. But I exceeded that goal and was walking 6-7 days a week, my minimum was 2 miles every time I walked, but rarely did I walk just 2 miles. I was walking 20+ miles a week! It wasn't long before I hit 100 miles walked, then 200 miles, then 300 miles!   I found that I'd become 'addicted' to walking. I had to get my walk in everyday, at some point. I've had many a stressful situations over the last few months and I always felt much better after dawning my walking shoes and hitting the neighborhood or track for 3+ miles. In March, Steven and I went away for our anniversary for a few days to Coronado, and we even packed our walking shoes and workout clothes and wound up PAYING to use the hotel's gym one day so we could use the treadmill and elliptical! Exercising, let alone paying for it, while on vacation was something I'd NEVER ever done before, but I was proud that I'd come that far! Same held true for me last month when we camped over Memorial Day weekend. I walked the campground, walked the beach, and climbed the 100+ stairs that led from the sandy beaches up to various spots of the campground. I'm proud of how far I've come in the exercise department. 

The last two months have been rather slow for me in the loosing department. I'm playing around with the same 5 lbs over and over. A couple people have suggested I've hit a plateau and that my body may not remember being below the weight I am right now and is holding on to where it's at. At any rate, I need to figure out how to break this plateau and get back to loosing some pounds!!!!


1 comment:

Liz said...

I can see a big difference in that bottom left picture! Way to go, girl!!!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...