Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Yummy and Pretty Dessert

Our church put on a Couple's Valentine's Dinner a few weeks ago. A lot of the women of the church were involved in some way. For me, I was in charge of the dessert for 50+ people. I decided to do brownie sundaes, and since it was a couple's dinner, I had the couple's share their dessert...romantic huh?

That week I baked five or six double batches of brownies. I didn't care that week if I ever saw another brownie again. The brownies were nice and thick and made for a great base for holding ice cream! The facility where our church meets allows us to use the kitchen, so I was able to warm the brownies up in oven. Which made for the dessert being all the more better....who doesn't love a warm brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup??And just for the special occasion, I sprinkled heart shaped sprinkles atop the sundae and served with two spoons. The brownie sundaes were a hit. Everyone complimented me on how yummy and pretty the dessert was. It's the kind of dessert that can be done anytime, not just for special events, change out the colored sprinkles and serve with just one spoon and you have a crowd pleasing dessert for any occasion!

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...