Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Free Summer Movies

One of my favorite summer time memories from my childhood was the weekly free movies that my Mom would take me and my brother to. Every summer, there was one particular theater that offered free movies and every summer, I remember movie day being worked into our summer routine of activities.

Surprisingly, local theaters still offer summer movies today. Although two of the three local theaters that do, charge $1.

With most of the local schools having gotten out last week for the summer, and the rest of the schools to follow this week, today kicks off the Summer Movie Schedule for one of the three theaters in our area.

A schedule hangs on our fridge with what's playing which week and what day. Between the three theaters we have our choice of Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10:00, Tuesdays at 10:30 and 12:00, or Wednesdays at 10:00. And while each of the theaters are playing almost the exact lineup of movies, we can pick what day and time works best for us.

So this morning, Rachel and I will be heading to the movies, but not without a stop off at the Dollar Tree or the .99 cent store for a box of candy and a bottle of soda!

To see if summer movies are offered in your area, check out these sites:

Free Family Festival at Regal
Summer Movie Camp at AMC

3 comments:

Joy Howse said...

Our Krikorian theater plays $1 movies as well and we have mapped out our summer as well. Plan to see only 4 of the movies on the list, but that should be lots of fun. Ours are on Tues but don't start till next Tues.

Darcy said...

Yes, that's one of my three theaters on the fridge. Next Tuesday they are showing Horton Hears a Who! We might have to see that one cause we didn't see it at the theater before. LOL. I'll let you know if it makes the schedule for next week.

Liz said...

Well pooey! We don't have either of those theaters around here. I think one of our local theaters did some sort of cheap movies during the morning one day a week a couple summers ago. I need to check into that. Thanks for the reminder!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...