Thursday, June 11, 2009

The End of a Season

Today, a season comes to an end in our home.

The Preschool season.

This morning is Rachel's last day of preschool, our family's last day of preschool.

It's hard to believe how quickly time has gone. It seems like a short time a go that I was putting newborn Rachel on the waiting list for the 2007-2008 school year, and here we are on the brink of saying goodbye to preschool, and Hello to Kindergarten.

The ending of a season is always bittersweet. There's things that will be missed, and there are things that won't be missed.

The monthly tuition and the busyness of driving back and forth on Tuesdays and Thursdays to two different schools won't be missed.

And what will will be missed is seeing my sister-in-law, Grace and my niece, Haylee, twice a week will be greatly missed. After today, the cousins will split and go to separate Elementary Schools at different ends of town. It's been nice the last two years seeing them a couple times a week and on occasions helping each other out with bringing one home for the afternoon, etc.

When one season ends, another begins. And soon, our season of having two children in Elementary School begins...

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...