Friday, September 12, 2008

Friendship is a Gift

Over a year ago, the closest girlfriend I had packed up her house and moved. She moved far away, to the other side of the country to be exact. She was the closet friend I'd had in years, figuratively and physically, she lived right next door!!!

The Lord knew how hard it was going to be to say goodbye to Christy. And that's why, on July 21 of last year, He allowed us to run into a familiar family at a church function being held at the local mini amusement park. We spent the entire day with Keith and Amy and their daughter Bethany. Their boys were off doing their own thing. It was from that day on, that we started doing more and more and more things together. We've gotten to know each other really well over the last year and I know that their friendship was a gift from the Lord.

Amy's friendship didn't replace what I had with Christy. It's a special friendship all on its own and I'm so thankful for her.

This past weekend, Amy and I were talking about cleaning solutions and what works and how she'd hit the jackpot in a cleaner that made her kitchen linoleum look like new.

To make a long story of how we went back and forth on Monday about how I wouldn't let her come clean my floor, she came and cleaned my floor on Monday night!! LOL. After her long day at work, after getting her kids home from three different schools, etc. She was so jazzed about this cleaner she came over and I literally sat and watched her mop my kitchen floor. Now THAT's a friend for you!

Thanks again, Amy! You're a special friend!
Amy wouldn't let me take a picture of her mopping my floor,
and while I thought it wasn't all that bad,
it wasn't until she started mopping that I could see
that my floor was just a very even shade of grey!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Ok, just curious, but did you already realize that you called your "old friend" a CLOSET friend. As if you were sort of hiding her. LOL!

Darcy said...

DOH! LOL. Thanks for the spelling error.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...