Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Hardest Thing I've Ever Done

The hardest thing I've ever had to do as a mother is to turn my babies over to a scrub nurse and watch them be taken away to surgery. It kills me every time.

I'm good leading up to the day. I'm good through the waiting during surgery. And I'm good once it's done and we're in recovery mode. But kissing my baby goodbye and watching her be whisked off to surgery is hard.

As I was sitting here this morning, thinking about the long day that lies ahead, watching Rachel drinking apple juice before the 7:30 cut off of all liquids, the Lord brought Jesus's Mother, Mary, to mind.

What I have to do as a mother today, handing my daughter off to a scrub nurse, is NOTHING compared to that day when Mary saw her son beaten, being nailed to a cross, dying.

So this morning, when the time comes to hand off Rachel, I'm going to remember Mary...

2 comments:

Kim said...

I was just reading about Mary and Elisabeth this morning and thinking similar thoughts about what incredible strength Mary must have had from the Lord to go through what she did.

Praying for you all today!

Leah said...

Thinking of you today, and praying for a successful surgery for your sweet Rachel.

Love and Hugs,

- Leah

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...