Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summertime Memories: Swimming and 7-Eleven

One Summer Memory that I think of every summer, are of the days we used to go swimming at my Aunt Judy and Uncle Denny's house. They lived not too far from us, and had a built in pool, with an awesome slide, and if I remember correctly, there was a diving board.

Quite often during the summer break, we'd pack our towels and sunscreen and go swimming. It'd always be a fun afternoon of splashing about. Now that I am a mother, I know the hidden agenda behind swimming days in someones pool - the kids wear themselves out and sleep really good that night! LOL.

But every time, following an afternoon of swimming at Aunt Judy's, on our way home, Mom would stop at the 7-Eleven and get us all a Slurpee!!! It was a great way to end a fun afternoon, and a refreshing treat at that!

It's something I've done a time or two with my own girls after an afternoon of swimming at my brother's pool.

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...