Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Afternoon "Fun"

I went to the school this afternoon to pick up Hannah. The bell rang. She made her way to the car. I turned the key to start the car and all I got was click-click-click. A friend who knows a lot about cars listened and concluded it wasn't my battery.

I had already called Steven to see if he could bring the jumper cables. And once she said she didn't think it was my battery, I called him back to head him off from making an unnecessary trip. My friend took my girls home with her. And I called for a tow truck. Steven called ahead to our mechanic and told him my car was going to be towed there.

It wasn't too long of a wait for the truck. It gave me time to put everything I wanted to take out of the van in the back.

Once the truck arrived, I stood there watching my car be hooked up and was really sorry this was one of the few times I did not have my camera with me. The picture would have been a priceless one - tow truck, my car hooked up behind, and the empty school yard in the background. It would have been a great picture to accompany this post. LOL.

The cars always seem to break down on me for some reason. I've had plenty of opportunities waiting for a tow truck.

I was extremely grateful that it was a much cooler day today while waiting. I've been stranded in 100 degree scorching heat before and that's not enjoyable, today it wasn't even over 90. I was thankful for my friend who just took my kids home with her and I didn't have to worry about them. And once again I was thankful that Steven works from home and we have a second car that is reliable and that starting the week off without my van isn't much of an issue.

But what a way to end the week!

1 comment:

Joy Howse said...

praying you get your wheels back soon and without much expense. Not fun being without a second car.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...