Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Middle of the Week Ramblings

It's Wednesday evening and I can't believe we're in the middle of another week. We are three days into September and soon, the holidays will be upon us. Soon we'll be on the brink of a new year.

Our weekend was busy.

Hannah's karate tournament on Saturday went well, and if you follow her blog, you know that she did well and even placed in her sparring competition.

Rachel's birthday has now come and gone. Her party was a huge success and it was nice to have friends and family join us for the occasion. It's hard to believe she's four years old.

On Monday, we lazed about the better part of the morning and then headed to my brother and sister-in-law's house for a Labor Day gathering. Sitting pool side, and then later relaxing in the comforts of the air conditioning, it was a nice way to end the busy, busy weekend.

Things around here are about to change again. Next Tuesday, Rachel starts preschool two days a week. And that means my Tuesdays and Thursdays will be busy ones with a lot running the girls to and from school. I'm looking forward to having a few hours a week to myself. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, but at the end of the school year last Spring, I was asked to be on the preschool board. I'm excited about participating in that this year. More than likely, this will be our last year in the preschool setting and it'll be fun to participate in a little bit of the decision making.

I'm looking forward to Fall. Despite not really having a change in seasons here in Southern California, it's my favorite season. There are some days when it's so hot, and it's dry, that it feels like a Fall day and I look forward to bringing out my fall decor, and making a trip to Oak Glen, and to our pumpkin patch, and other activities I associate with the season. And once Fall is here, it'll be official, the holidays will practically be upon us. Again, where does the time go?

I think I've rambled enough this fine Wednesday evening. It is now time to go listen to Governor Sarah Palin make her speech at the Republican National Convention. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...