Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Book Study with Friends

Tomorrow night begins the Women's Bible Fellowship at our church. Our church has a lot of working women therefore the Bible Fellowship meets in the evenings. I gave it a try last year and enjoyed the fellowship, but for me personally, I don't like evening studies. Because I am a stay at home mom, I prefer to do things in the day, where I am still available for my family in the evenings, before the busyness of the day sets in with homework, making dinner, baths, etc.

I was excited when a Mommy friend from school and church called a couple weeks ago and shared with me her idea of gathering some women and doing a book study together. She is also a stay at home mom with the same idea of wanting to be home in the evenings with her family, etc.

We begin this morning and we'll be going through Elizabeth George's book The Remarkable Women of the Bible. We will meet every other Wednesday morning in her home to discuss the book and have a time of fellowship. There are a couple of us from our church, and a couple women from the school she has invited to join us. It's informal, and I can take Rachel with me. I am so looking forward to this starting and getting to know a few of the other ladies better!

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...