Wednesday, January 1, 2014

All Set for Success!

Tomorrow is January 2nd and that means back to closely counting calories and exercising!! And the house is all set for success!

The cupboards have been gone through, purging all the little baggies of leftover junk. Boxes of Special K Cracker Crisps and Multigrain Crackers from Trader Joes have been measured out on our Weight Watchers food scale and put into ziploc bags in individual servings for easy portion control. This makes for easy grabbing when you're on the go or really hungry. This has always proved to be a HUGE factor in helping me be successful when seriously dieting.

The refrigerator has been purged of all the leftovers, all the jars of things I bought for special holiday recipes, etc. Made it a lot easier with tomorrow being trash day!

My menu for the next two weeks has been thought out, planned out, and from that I made my grocery list and got major groceries yesterday. I will need to get some more fresh produce in a couple of days, but for now, dinners for the next two weeks are planned out. This is also another huge help in being successful when dieting/counting calories.

I'm ready! Ready to hit it strong like I did last January 2nd. I was very successful the first few months of the year, and I'm hoping these few first months of 2014 will hold the same for me. Tomorrow I will weigh in and make a few adjustments on Sparkpeople as to my goal and then it's all steam ahead!!!

2 comments:

Letti said...

I wish you success in your new adventure this year. I look forward to the new year. I love that your blogging again too.

Liz said...

Me, too, sister!

At the end of last April, I went low-carb. Not the typical Atkins type of low-carb, but I just cut out all the bad carbs. It worked wonderfully & I felt like I could do it for good! But when summer came, I fell off the wagon. Money was very very tight & as you know, junk food is cheap. I kept all the weight that I'd lost off for a month or two, then slowly started gaining most of it back.

So this past Tues when the kids & I returned to school, I went back to low-carbing. It's only been 4 days, but I allow myself a little cheat each weekend. I had my bad carbs tonight & I can ALREADY feel a difference. I feel yucky! Back in the saddle tomorrow morning!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...