Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Every blogger across the internet world will be dedicating a post today to the significance of today's date and what happened to our great country ten years ago.

September 11, 2001.

It's one of those days in history where you know exactly where you were. Much like the events of the Challenger explosion (for me), or an example of my parents childhood, the day that President John F. Kennedy was shot and assassinated.

It was a Tuesday. Hannah was almost 17 months old, not walking, and an only child at the time. She'd had just woken up for the day and Steven had gotten her up, and was changing her wet diaper.

The phone rang, it was my Mom calling. She knew we weren't morning TV watchers, therefore she was calling to tell us that the Twin Towers had been hit. We turned the TV on and there we sat for hours and hours and hours on end, glued to the ongoing news, just like everyone else in the country.

I remember going over to our neighbors house and telling her to turn her TV on. I remember Steven not working that day. I remember at the end of the day sitting outside with the neighbor friend talking and taking a break from the nonstop coverage on TV. I remember hearing reports of people we knew, acquaintances from the church we were attending at the time being stranded somewhere as air travel had been stopped.

What do you remember about the day?

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...