Monday, May 30, 2011

A Relaxing Weekend


For the third year in a row, we spent Memorial Day Weekend camping at the beach.

We normally go camping at the beach with a bunch of families from church, but we were the only ones who secured reservations when they had to be made back the 1st of November. This camping trip it was just the four of us, and some very good friends of ours.

It's been a busy few weeks for me with school events and activities and responsibilities, and the same for Steven with work, and church and ministry duties. As for our friend, she is four weeks post op from a hysterectomy. So a relaxing, low key weekend was just what the doctor ordered for all of us.

I took a book. I took my continuing education materials for my nursing license. I took magazines. But when it came down to it, the afternoon I sat on the beach, I just sat. I sat there watching Rachel pounce about the beach. Sat watching my husband attempt to sculpt our church logo out of sand, and I sat and watched the waves come crashing onto the shore, one right after another. It was relaxing. So much so that I snuck in a little nap. My Dad will be so proud! :)

I never thought I'd enjoy camping so much, but I really do. I love enjoy tent camping. I love being outdoors. And I can't wait until we return for an entire week during our summer vacation!!

1 comment:

Letti said...

Thats sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. School has been crazy. Every end of the year is like this and it just makes me appreciate the time off even more.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...