Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ready

The house is stocked with groceries.

The laundry is done, folded, and put away.

The house is vacuumed and dusted.

Electronics are charging.

I'm ready physically for the next few days.

Rachel's surgery is scheduled for 11:45 tomorrow morning. Surgeries past, we've always been a lot earlier in the lineup. But Rachel is older now and the OR's always schedule youngest to oldest, so there must be some young ones having surgery tomorrow. When I called to tell my Mom the surgery time, her outlook was that this was the appointed time the Lord has for Rachel's surgery. And the more I think about it, I think it might be easier, emotionally, having the surgery a little later in the morning.

Having a late morning surgery time, needing to arrive to the hospital by 9:45, will be a challenge in not feeding Rachel breakfast. But I think giving me a little bit of a normalcy to my morning by getting up, making our bed, slowly getting ready, etc, will make the whole thing not feel as jarring as having to get up and out the door before the crack of dawn. At least that's what I'm hoping for...

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...