Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thoughts from the Dentist Chair

It was teeth cleaning ay at our house today, I had a dentist appointment this morning, and the girls had appointments this afternoon.

I hate going to the dentist.

Okay, not as much as I used to. But I still hate going. I think I need to change hygienists. Mine is rough. But then I don't know if the other ones at my dental office aren't. So I'm kinda in a pickle.

When I visited the dentist six months ago, my appointment was long and didn't go very well. My body was still adjusting to being off the birth control pill and when your hormones are a mess, if affects your gums. And my gums were bleeding bad, the hygienist said they were gushing as she cleaned the plaque from my teeth. So I wasn't expecting this appointment to go any better.

I get a lot of thinking and praying done when having my teeth cleaned. I simply stare at the ceiling and pray. First I was praying for my dental appointment and that she'd see no cavities, or 'spots to watch'. And that she'd hurry up and get on to the polishing, as I'm certain she suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to plaque build up and my teeth.

And then I prayed for the girls' appointments later this afternoon. It's nerve wracking taking both of them to the dentist. You never know who will have a cavity or how much 'trouble' you'll get in because they should be brushing better, flossing more, etc.

And then I started thinking about the errands I needed to run after my appointment in the short time there was before having to pick up the girls at 12:40 because it was Minimum Day Wednesday. I thought about Rachel's birthday party this weekend and the things I need/want to do before then. I thought about what else I could make for dinner and add to my menu and grocery list as tomorrow is grocery day.

All that thinking didn't make my appointment go any faster, but it took my mind off all the scraping and poking. LOL. I am relieved I don't have to return until March.

Oh, and for the record, all three of us girls had perfect reports today from the dentist. No cavities!! And we even were told we were doing a good job at brushing....boy, do we have them all fooled.

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...