Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summertime Memories: Summer Reading Program

Summer vacation also meant it was time for the Summer Reading Program at the local library. It was another thing always on our "Summer List".

Again, we had a specific day of the week that we went downtown to the library. The Children's Room was always decorated up fun and festive for the summer reading program. I don't remember what the prizes were when we were kids, but I know now a days the prizes are pretty good!

I've taken my own girls the local libraries and signed them up for summer reading, but our summers are always so short (we're on a year round school year) that the program sometimes gets forgotten by us. But as far as the Summertime Memories go, those will never be forgotten, neither will the distinct smell of the downtown library!

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...