Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Ocean

I love the ocean. It brings about a calmness and is so majestic. I was thinking the other day that a good majority of our vacations and get aways over the years are always to places where we can easily make a trip to the water, if not staying within steps of it.

The past few days we stayed at a hotel in Newport Beach. While it wasn't directly near the ocean, we did make a trip to the pier one day and drove the coast one afternoon and we were close enough to feel the sea breeze and smell the ocean air.
Newport Beach

In the last few years, we've taken up camping at a State Campground on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We're looking forward to camping over Memorial Day Weekend and then again in July. In July, we'll have an entire week of being near the ocean and hearing the roar of the waves nightly as we sleep in our tent.
San Elijo Sunset

And then there is Pismo Beach. If you're family or a good friend, you'll know that Pismo Beach has been a family vacation spot for many, many years. Our family has been making that trek for over 20 years. Definitely holds a special place in all our memories and hearts.
Pismo Beach Pier

I could definitely go for living near the ocean. I love the smell and the sea breeze. I love that when I'm in the element of the salty sea air, my sinuses don't bother me. I'm ready to go back, who's up for a day trip??

3 comments:

Kim said...

The ocean is great...if it weren't for the sand. LOL.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere." A.S.

Patty said...

ME!

Darcy said...

Yeah, I don't like the sand, I like being on the cement or wooden piers or admiring from the non sandy parts. LOL.

Mom - we should drive down to Uncle Barts next week one day. :)

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...