Monday, March 22, 2010

The Blind Side

We are away for a few days for our anniversary. Not too far from home, but far enough to feel as though we are away. The girls are with their Gramie (Steven's Mom). And we are enjoying our four star hotel for cheap thanks to Priceline.com.

We finally were able to see The Blind Side last night. I didn't realize it was a true story. DUH.

What a great, great movie. It's no wonder Sandra Bullock won the best actress Oscar, she played a great part. Her role, and really the role of the entire family, should be the attitude that we as Christians should take when we see people in need of a friend, a meal, encouraging words, and in the case of 'Big Mike" a couch to sleep on.

Through a ministry at church, we've been learning a lot in recent months what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus to people we encounter. And I think this movie was a good example of it as well.

I think because of the Oscar win, the movie has been re-released at some theaters, if you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you check it out. Or you can always just buy the DVD when it comes out tomorrow!

1 comment:

Letti said...

I have not seenit yet but my entire family has. I am going to buy it tomorrow because Darian says its one that needs to be added to our collection.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...