Monday, January 11, 2010

Getting Back in to the Groove

It seems like we're so busy, busy, busy during the holidays, that sometimes we find ourselves out of normal routines we're so used to doing. And then once the holidays are done and behind us, it takes some time getting back into the groove of what is normal the other ten and a half months a year.

I've found that to be so true in a few areas of my life in recent weeks.

For starters, I usually get groceries every two weeks, the week we get paid. But at this point, I've not gotten major groceries since a few days before Christmas. I've made a few stops into the local grocery store to and from taking the girls to school, but no major groceries since the 21st of December! Payday is this Friday, so I'm trying to hold out on getting groceries until then, just so I can get back on schedule. The family even agreed to bean and cheese burritos or tacos every night until then! LOL.

I also need to get back in the habit of writing my menu down on the fridge notepad. This last week, with limited food in the house, I was flying by the seat of my pants, so to speak. Just kinda winging it night to night. If it's listed on the fridge, then I just feel better organized. LOL.

How about you?? Anyone else have any areas they are struggling to get back in to the groove with since the holidays???

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...