Monday, September 7, 2009

President Obama's Speech to Public Schools

As some of you may be aware, tomorrow, in public schools all across America, President Obama will address students and their education. He's not the first President to do so, in fact former President Bush made a similar address to public school students in 1991.

President Obama's speech pretty controversial subject among the political blogs, websites, and news sites. Therefore some schools are choosing not to show the President's speech. Some schools will. After inquiring in our school office, I was notified that our school will be showing the President's speech.

Today, President's Obama's speech was released on the White House website. You can read it here.

After reading it, putting political differences aside, I think it's a really good speech. There are rumors that parts of his speech have been edited, etc. But all in all, the speech was a good one.

To many young children, the President of the United States of America is very important person. And some of these kids might just be encouraged in their education by listening to his speech.

Not only have I read the speech, but we'll be watching it tomorrow on the internet. And we'll be discussing it with Hannah over dinner tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Candice said...

I agree that the speech seems to have been pretty benign. I guess we all just *assume* that anything Obama does will be with a sneaky agenda. I have to give him credit that this time, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...