Monday, August 3, 2009

Ramblings

This afternoon marks a week that I've been dealing with this neck/shoulder muscle thing. And to be totally honest, I'm so done with it. I'm tired of not being comfortable when I sit, or lie down for that matter. I'm tired of waking up several times in the night because I'm uncomfortable or in pain. I'm tired of getting up in the middle of the night to eat something so that I can take motrin, or pacing back and forth throughout the house. I'm just done.

You don't really realize until you're 'disabled' with a part of your body, just how much you use certain muscles. For instance, normally, I don't have to think about getting in the car, I just do it. But because my neck and shoulder are so tight, I have to think about how to get in with inducing the least amount of pain as possible. Or how about brushing your hair. I can't brush the back of my hair, nor can I put it up in a scrunchie. And the list can go on and on. I'm just ready to be feeling better and not sore or in pain or in the state of feeling constant tension through those muscles.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. These last five weeks have gone by quick, but we've done quite a bit - swimming with friends, swimming with the cousins, roller skating, five days at Pismo Beach, and miscellaneous other things. The next break the girls will have will be three weeks in November, the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. And as far away as that seems, it'll be here before we know it. We can go to the school this afternoon after 4:30 to see who Hannah's teacher is and to see who's in her class. She's pretty excited, and nervous at the same time. Rachel, she's just excited. I really don't think she understands the changes her little world is about to embark on - school, every day. She is having a hard time not understanding why she doesn't get to stay for lunch. I keep telling her Kindergardeners (at least the morning) don't have lunch at school.

It's going to be an adjustment come tomorrow morning, having to get up and out the door everyday again. It's going to be an adjustment having the house free of children for 3 1/2 hours everyday. Rachel will take a while to adjust to being active and busy at school every day. I'm already thinking that part of our new schedule will be once I pick her up, coming home, having lunch, and then having her lay on her bed quietly for an hour everyday with a book or watching a movie. And then working on her homework before having to go and get Hannah from school when I'll have her homework to help with and dinner to think about. Most definitely a season of a new schedule and finding out what works best for everyone in our house.

A lot of people have asked what I plan to do with the free time I'll have everyday. I figure if you knock off travel time to and from school, I'll get 3 hours at home. I've started compiling a list of things I'd like to accomplish - some craft projects, starting on Christmas ornaments for an ornament party, completing my continuing education credits for my nursing license, some deep cleaning, and miscellaneous other things. I know I don't want to waste away that time everyday. I want to make the most of that time and I'm hoping to be successful at it. I am looking forward to grocery shopping without the girls, now if I forget things on my list, it'll be my own fault and not the fault of my four year old crossing things off I've not thrown into the cart yet. LOL.

This day will be over before I know it. Time to end my ramblings and see about getting some things done around here. The laundry is stacking up, house needs to be vacuumed and miscellaneous other things need to be done and I've been not able to get to them due to not feeling well. I think I can manage to maybe stand at the counter and fold laundry though...

1 comment:

Joy Howse said...

I really hope that you are feeling better really soon. I know from personal years of back problems, that it is no fun to live in pain and not being able to do every day things.

I can not believe your girls go back to school tomorrow. Mine are anxious for the 12th when they will go back. We just finished going through all of Andrew's clothes and purging the things that don't fit properly and taking inventory of what we NEED (ONE PAIR OF PANTS - PTL!!) Alexis is the next one to conquer... fun times!!

Feel better soon and enjoy the solitude (something I know nothing about for the next 4 years). :)

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...