Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday. Monday.

I fell into bed last night absolutely exhausted. With putting on Hannah's party on Saturday, and then helping a friend with her daughters party yesterday, and the extreme heat wave (95+ degrees) that has fallen upon us, I was wiped out. And as if I could get any more tired, I looked ahead to all that this week holds for me and I'm worn out just thinking about it. LOL.

First of all, I am beaming with gratitude and praising the Lord for an answer to prayer. We received word from our school district this afternoon that our inter-district transfers for the upcoming school year have been granted and they are singed and ready to be picked up as of tomorrow morning! That's the first place I'll go as soon as Hannah is dropped off at school tomorrow morning. It's a relief to know where the girls will be going to school and now I can start on filling out this huge kindergarten registration packet for the school district in which we attend. Thank You Jesus!

Tomorrow is a busy day. And with the extra errand of running to the school district it's just one more thing to cross off on my list, happily. There's preschool for Rachel and then Hannah has a consult with an orthodontist tomorrow afternoon. At her cleaning appointment the end of January, it was discovered that not only is she missing adult teeth, but she has an issue with a couple of adult teeth on the bottom coming up weird. So our dentist suggested we consult with an orthodontist. I'll be taking her out of school early for that. I've NEVER taken her out of school early. But we're the first on the books for the afternoon and maybe we won't have to wait too long. I'd like to make it back in time for the PTA meeting. We haven't met since before we went off track in February, and it'll be nice to catch up on the going ons of the school.

Wednesday morning, I have my root canal. I'm currently on antibiotics in preparation for it. I'm not nervous, but perhaps it's because I'm too busy to think about it. LOL.

The other thing that's on my mind and I've been helping my Mom with the preparations for is my Dad's big 60th birthday dinner this weekend! My Dad turns 60 on the 28th, but we'll be celebrating this weekend with a special dinner at my parents house. I can't go into too many details about it here on the blog just yet, cause Dad reads my blog, but look for a full report with lots of pictures next week!

It's dinner time, and I can hear the natives getting restless. So it's off to the kitchen I go...and after the dinner clean up, perhaps a song or two on Guitar Hero!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Several things--
Hallelujah on the school stuff working out!
Your dad is just now 60? My parents have been in their 60s for several years now. They must've had you young. :)
Praying for all the dental/ortho appointments!

Darcy said...

LOL. Yes, my Dad is just now going to be 60. He was 25 when my Mom had me. My Mom was 23 and then turned 24 the next day when she had me. I guess that was young, but not abnormally young for 35 years ago. LOL.

Thanks for the prayers for all our dental/ortho appts this week! :)

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...