Wednesday, March 18, 2009

All That You Need

So many times we put our faith in people and not in the One who will never fail us. And sadly, people are human and they are going to fail to live up to our expectations. They aren't going to do what you think they should do. In times of crisis, they aren't going to call like you think they should, or visit as often as you think they should. People aren't going to live up to our expectations.

But there is one person that can always be counted on. There is one friend who sticks closer than a brother and will never leave my side or fail to live up to my expectations. This friend is all I need when it comes to placing trust in someone.

That friend, is Jesus, and He is all that anyone needs.

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear, nor be afraid of them;
for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you.
He will not leave you nor forsake you."

Deuteronomy 31:6

2 comments:

Paige Garner said...

Thank you, Darcy! You have no idea how I needed to be reminded of that today.

Love,
Paige

Patty said...

This is a good reminder!
Mom

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...