Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

Years ago, before having children, it was fun to get dressed up and go out for dinner and wait for 2 hours to be seated for dinner on Valentine's Day. Steven was my first ever Valentine, so it was fun to be part of the hoopla of the 'day of love'. But in recent years, with two children added to the mix, with growing older thus less patient, I've tried to make Valentine's Day special at home.

The last couple of years, I've done a really nice dinner with the table all decked out and pretty goblets and treats at everyone's place setting, etc. But this year, we weren't going to be home for dinner, as we were going to the Couple's Dinner at church. So I made a nice breakfast and set the breakfast table pretty complete with Valentine's for each of my Valentine's and a little treat.
The rest of the day was devoted to getting ready for the big Valentine's Couple's Dinner at the church. Steven and I have recently become part of the couple's ministry planning committee and I was completely in charge of decorations for this event. We arrived mid morning to the Fellowship Office and went to town setting up and decorating and getting things ready. We returned again an hour before the event to do last minute things - light candles, set up the food, get pitchers of water and tea on the tables, fill coffee carafes, etc. The room looked beautiful. The evening was filled with good fellowship, food, laughs, and a great message on Love Languages. With this event now behind me, I move on to the next big thing I have to work on - planning out and preparing to teach fifteen girls next Friday how to decorate cakes! I'm one busy person lately, and this coming week will be no different!
Me and My Valentine, Valentine's Day 2008

1 comment:

Joy Howse said...

Everything looked beautiful and the church is lucky to have your expertise and passion. Hope you have a blessed week.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...