Saturday, December 6, 2008

Missing Candlelight

The next two nights is the annual Candlelight Processional at Disneyland. And for the first time in five years, we're not going.

Tonight is our church Christmas party and we had such a great time last year, that we wanted to go again this year. And tomorrow afternoon, I have an ornament party to go and didn't think I'd be done in time to get down to Disneyland and sit and save a spot.

As of Friday afternoon,
the stage is up and ready for the weekends festivities.

I'm a little bummed about not being able to go. It's been a great way to kick off the Christmas season the past few years. Sadly, our church doesn't sing Christmas songs and Christmas worship the weeks leading up to Christmas, typically we only sing them the one Sunday just prior to Christmas. So Candlelight is a nice evening that has such a spiritual emphasis, with the Christmas story right from the Bible and Christmas songs, and it's just an awesome thing to experience, and a great way to kick off the season.

3 comments:

Jon and alyssa said...

I am going to be singing at it again this year! I did it for the first time last year and LOVED it!

Darcy said...

Oh how cool! Did you sing Saturday or Sunday night last year?? If it was Saturday, we saw ya! :) Are you singing there tonight or tomorrow night???

Ashleigh Baker said...

Crazy this, but I've NEVER even heard of Candlelight at D'land. This sounds like something we need to find out more about... maybe we can all go together next year?

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...