Thursday, November 13, 2008

Praying Parents

About a month ago, one of the men in our church approached us about starting up a monthly meeting where parents could come together and pray for our children in public school.

In this day and age in which we live, there's a lot of things going on in our public schools that parents aren't always aware of. Meeting will not only keep parents informed, but it'll also give us a chance to pray for specific needs, problems, etc, that are within our schools.

Last night, four sets of parents from our church came together to plan and talk about making those monthly meetings happen. Our first official meeting will be after the holidays, in January, and it'll include a time of sharing, a devotion, and prayer.

I am looking forward to it and getting to know some of the other families that attend our church and the same school as us better.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I know Moms in Touch does the same thing, but it's great to get the dads involved too!

Joy Howse said...

I was just going to suggest Moms in Touch since my mom works at the international headquarters down in San Diego and was a part of the founders initial prayer group. She is still heavily involved and now does Grandmas in Touch groups since all her kiddos are grown. Awesome to pray for our students, teachers, and administrators. They are the life line to our future. I love that the church is involving the dads. Often times it is assumed that is the mom's job.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...