Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Company Corn

I don't remember where I found this recipe. I was going to try it last year, but made something else. My husband says there's nothing special about having corn on Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping this recipe dresses up 'just corn' and hopefully makes it into a special side dish! I'll let you know after Thanksgiving if it's a keeper or not.2 (10 oz) pkgs frozen corn, cooked according to package directions
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup butter, cubed
2 Tblsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried savory
1/2 tsp. white pepper
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp. lemon juice

Cook corn according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender.

Stir in the parsley, salt, savory and white pepper.

Drain corn. Add to onion mixture in skillet. Stir in sour cream and lemon juice. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...