Friday, October 3, 2008

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Party for Us

Tonight was a friends annual pirate party. This is the 4th year they've had it and every year it just gets better and better. If you've ridden the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland, just about all the decorations and such have been inspired by the ride.

It's a fun night of food, fellowship, and lots of pictures! Years past, I've gone in a white shirt, and cut up black pants, etc. But this last week, on a trip to the Goodwill in search of something new, I found this semiformal/bridesmaid dress. I went back and forth as to whether or not I should buy it, and I am soooo glad I did! I had planned to cut the bottom and make it jagged, etc, but Amy said to leave it as is and I am so glad I did! As today went on, I came up with the idea to go as a Pirate Princess. I already had the pirate princess tattoos, a scarf, some killer earrings, and then it hit me, steal (cause that's what pirates do, right?) Hannah's tiara and decorate it with a skull, etc. I found a skull keychain and took it apart and hot glued it and coordinating colored beads to it and it looked awesome!!! I am so happy with how my costume turned out!
Check out my black rose.
Hannah went with us this year. Her friend, Emma, was going to be there so we let her come too and we left Rachel with my parents. Check out Hannah's blog for more pictures of her.

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...