Friday, September 5, 2008

YUMMY Cheese Muffins

Last week on Pioneer Woman's website, she had a recipe for cheese muffins. I thought they looked yummy and would be the perfect compliment to last nights dinner, lasagna casserole. I made these muffins and WOW! These were awesome!

They almost resemble the yummy biscuits/muffins you get when you go to Red Lobster. I highly endorse this recipe!! This recipe most definitely gets printed on a recipe card and put in the box to keep!

Picture taken from Pioneer Women's website.


Fig’s Cheese Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter (I used salted)

Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.

In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together.
Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.

Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

Hi - just found your blog as I was looking for the one I just set up http://friendswithtips.blogspot.com/ and one of your home cooking classes popped up as a result. What part of CA are you in? Would love to stay in touch and see if you want to do another home cooking class like the ones we set up and blog about. Thanks! Gabriela

And we will definitely say a prayer for your friend Diana...

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to make these since she first posted them...I think I will add them to the grocery list now.

Anonymous said...

This sounds SOOO yummy.... putting it on the menu for this week and will have to let you know what the fam thinks. :)

Joy

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...