Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! It's so hard to believe we are halfway through 2008 and in the midst of summer celebrations.

Thinking about today and what it stands for, we are so blessed to live in a country where we are free to live our lives. It wouldn't be that way if it weren't for the thousands and thousands of servicemen and women we have in our armed forces, and for that we are truly grateful. As for our 4th of July plans, we are heading out mid afternoon to the home of some people from church. They are hosting a huge BBQ complete with games, prizes, and even a pie eating contest, now if that ain't American on the 4th, I don't know what is?? At any rate, it'll be a great day of fun, lots of food, and good fellowship with our church family.

Whatever your plans may be for this patriotic holiday, I hope you have a blessed and safe day.

2 comments:

HeyItsBeej said...

My nephew Clay is a Marine in Iraq. On his behalf, Woman, I thank you. {{{{{ you }}}}}

Kim said...

Love the picture!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...