Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

We spent our Memorial Day afternoon at the home of some friends from church. It was a huge BBQ with hot dogs, hamburgers, ribs, and tons and tons of side dishes. It was a great afternoon of fun and fellowship and good eats. The sun peeked out from behind the clouds for just a bit, and the disappeared for the remainder of the day. But not having sun didn't keep the kids from going into the heated pool off and on throughout the afternoon. And as the day went on, and the cloud covering gave way to cooler temps, we gathered around the fire pit. Who'd have thought that we Southern Californians would spend a part of Memorial Day huddled around a fire pit??? Definitely out of the ordinary for us.

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...