Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A New Bible Study

Fall.

The time of year when the kids have been back in school for a while.

When the weather starts to cool down a bit.

And the time of year when new Bible Studies within churches typically start up.

The Women's Ministry at our church offers a Women's Bible Fellowship, however, it is held in the evenings. I am one of the very few women in our church who do not work outside the home, and after a long day of playing taxi back and forth to school, household chores, school obligations, and an afternoon of homework, toss in preparing dinner... I'm simply ready for a quiet and slower paced evening with my family. Not to mention that by the end of the day, my brain is fried and I just can't concentrate very well, therefore evening Bible Studies just don't work well for me.

A few months ago, my Mom approached myself and my sister-in-law, as well as her mother, about starting up a Beth Moore video series. The four of us don't work outside the home therefore a morning Bible Study was PERFECT for us. As I've mentioned before, we've been watching Beth Moore's video series called Wising Up, a study in the book of Proverbs. It's been wonderful and full of applicable things.

It's been working out perfectly for us and Beth Moore is an absolutely amazing Bible teacher. The Lord really blessed her with a gift. As our video series has been winding down, we've decided to start another of Beth's Bible Studies. This one has a workbook and homework to do.

Today was the start of our New Bible Study! And now until the Spring time, we will be doing Beth Moore's Believing God series.
"Originating from a concept introduced in Isaiah 43:10, Believing God examines what it means to believe God rather than only believe in Him. Participants study the lives of Abraham and others from Hebrews 11 as examples of people who believed God. This study parallels a personal journey Beth took in coming to understand what it means to believe God."


Today was our first day! And not only are the four of us continuing, but the girlfriend of one of the nephews is joining us as well! She's young, a fairly new Christian, never been part of a Bible Study before, and is excited and hungry for what the Lord has in store for her. And we're excited to have her join us!

Today was the introduction. We have our workbooks, our index cards for writing down scriptures, and our schedule for the year ahead. It looks like it's going to be a GREAT study and I am very much looking forward to it!

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...