Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Bible Study

Not only is it that time of year where the kids go back to school, but it's also that time of year where typically new Bible Study Fellowships start up. New books of the Bibles to be studied, new groups to be formed, etc.

I don't like going to the formal Bible Study Fellowships for a few different reasons. So when my Mom came up with the idea to do one together, that was right up my alley. And when she suggested including my sister in law (brothers wife) and her Mom, that made it all the more appealing. To do a Bible Study as the women of the family was going to be great!

This morning we started our little Bible study and it was GREAT!

We are doing Beth Moore's video series called "Wising Up". It's a video series that concentrates on Proverbs and focuses on practical things that women face, all pointing and steering us to be better Proverbs 31 women.

We are starting off very simple. There's no homework with this study. Our plan is to get through these videos which takes us up to the holidays. Which will give my sister in law time to adjust to homeschooling my nieces (first year!) and me time to adjust to my duties at school, etc. And then after the holidays, we'll perhaps start a series whereas a workbook is involved.

So far, I really LIKE Beth Moore. I think she'll only get better and better. I'm really looking forward to the series and looking forward to the women of the family growing not only closer to the Lord, but to each other.

2 comments:

Liz said...

So is this your first Beth Moore study? You're going to LOVE her. I will admit, I went through an anti-Beth Moore phase when I had done about 10 of her studies in a row & needed a BREAK, but I really do love her studies and have gone back to doing them again. Enjoy!

Darcy said...

Yes, this is my first time doing anything Beth Moore. But my Mom's been doing her studies and videos for years!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...