Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

My lack of blogging already paints the picture of how other things have taken precedence in my life. I've missed blogging and I feel so horrible that I've let all three of my blogs become so neglected.

Life the last month and a half has been crazy for me. And I'm more than ready for a few days away like I wrote about in the previous post. LOL.

The biggest thing that has occupied my time has been our Women's Ministry Spring Tea at church. This is the second year that my Mom and I have overseen it. And to be honest, planning a tea is much like planning a wedding. So many details to stay atop of. The tea was held Saturday, April 30th and it was a huge success! We had ten tea tables and seventy women in attendance. The days and weeks leading up to the tea were filled with "to-do lists", food shopping, food preparing, and a 12+ hour day at the church preparing and decorating the day before. But the day was wonderful and many women were blessed. It's hard to believe, but our school year is winding down and we only have four weeks left. My time has also been filled with school things - helping with the Spring See's Candy Fundraiser, picking up $12,000 in See's Candy in my van, separating, sorting, and being available for pick up by the students. Teacher Appreciation Week is this week at the school and I'm learning the ropes of coordinating that as I will take on the coordinator position next year. And then there's PTA meetings, nominations for next year, and year end business finishing up.

Hannah turned 11 mid April and rather than have a party, we had family meet us at Hannah's favorite restaurant for dinner. She'd let everyone know that she was saving for an iPod Touch and well, after all her presents here opened, she had more than enough and it was off to The Apple Store for her first Apple purchase. I think other than the time she's away at school, and when she is sleeping, that thing is glued to her possession. LOL. She's become quite social in her texting and.We had a pleasant surprise early last month. We came home one evening to a message on our answering machine that our sister in law and niece who currently live in Georgia were 'in town', they were in San Diego looking at colleges for our niece to possibly attend when she graduates next year. The girls and I ended up meeting my sister in law and niece at Disneyland, along with my father in law, on a Friday afternoon. And then we all met up on Saturday for lunch and visiting. It'd been six years since we'd seen them and it was so very nice to spend time with them, as short as it was. Hannah and Rachel LOVED hanging with their cousin, especially Hannah. Since getting her iPod Touch, she's Facetimed (video chat) with Alisha a few times when it works out with the time difference and being busy with school, etc.
My father in law with the girls at Disneyland.
Alisha, our sister in law Laura, and Hannah

I think things are starting to slow down. I'm very much looking forward to upcoming camping trip over Memorial Day weekend, whereas I can just sit and relax and unwind. About a week after that, the girls will be out of school for seven weeks and I look forward to doing some fun things and having a break from all the running, hopefully having more time to blog!

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...