Friday, December 17, 2010

Tis the Season

Tis the Season to be busy. But than again, I'm always busy. LOL.

Two weeks ago found me "holding down the fort" all on my own as my husband was away on business for four full days. He normally works from home and when he's gone, I miss him. I spent many of the evenings once the girls went to bed catching up on things - our accounting, PTA stuff, present wrapping, cleaning, and updating the girls' blogs, but neglecting my own. :(

My Mom and I attended the Women's Ministry Christmas dinner one evening and for once it was nice to just go to an event at church and not have had any part in having to come and set up or stay and tear down. And yet, at the same time, it was weird to do so. Our church had a Christmas party, our niece had a birthday party, I had an ornament party, my parents hosted a baking day for all four of the granddaughters so my brother and I, along with our spouses, could get some Christmas shopping done, I've had one final PTA meeting for 2010, Rachel a Christmas performance, and as Room Mom, I had treats to make for Hannah's class.
A try of dipped Oreo's for Hannah's class. The following day, I did brownie bites with sprinkles.

It's been a busy few weeks, and again I've found myself at the point I find myself this time every Christmas season, wishing the season was longer, more days to the week, more time to entertain friends, to do more festive things.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Remind me of those dipped Oreos around Valentine's Day! I could do those with red/pink/purple sprinkles for Sarah & Samuel's classes! Cute!!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...