Monday, October 18, 2010

Crazy Busy

There's been so much going on in the last week, lots of ideas running through my head as to things I want to blog about, but I've been busy!! There were three major things that held my attention last weekend. And it was amazing the relief I felt once they were all done and behind me.

Our church has a ministry that we call Hands and Feet. And every other month or so, we take care packages out to the homeless in nearby parks and other areas known for where the homeless hang out. Donations for those care packages have been slim in recent months, so last week, I offered to go out and get the things we needed for the care packages and then put them together. I did this project last Tuesday. After three trips to the Dollar Store, I managed to make over 40 care packages for the team of people that would be going out this past Sunday following the church service.

Next on my list of things that had my attention last week was our church Harvest party that was held Friday evening. I coordinated the event which included asking Mom's to help host activity tables, worked out the details of food for the evening, making flyers, and all the other tons of details that go into planning a party. We had over forty people come and over fifteen kids participated in our nine tables of activities. The night was a success and was a great evening of just hanging out and fellowshipping and the kids having fun. Here, The Pumpkin Patch Parable is read as the kids all sat on hay bales listening.Finally, the last big thing on my plate for last week was Pastor Appreciation. October is Pastor Appreciation Month and the last week of September I sent out an email to the people of our church seeking out donations in the forms of cards or special scriptures, monetary donations, or anything else so that a gift basket could be put together and presented to our Pastor and his wife on Sunday, October 17th. It was a blessing for me to be able to put it all together, but it did take time collecting from people, going out and getting things for the basket, different places for gift cards, etc. But when it was all said and done, the basket turned out beautiful and on Sunday at the close of the service one of the church elders called our Pastor and his wife and their kids up to the stage and we presented them this basket and offered our appreciation for all they do and then prayed for them. To say they were surprised would be an understatement. They had absolutely NO IDEA! Which is totally awesome in my book.

So these were the big things that kept me from blogging last week. LOL. Throw in all the normal day to day things of our life - playing taxi, homework, speech, making dinner, etc, etc. And it made for one crazy busy Mama!

Next big thing up for me: The ending of our Box Tops for Education contest at school on Thursday!

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...