Friday, July 3, 2009

Three Day Weekend


Thanks to the 4th of July holiday falling on Saturday this year, a lot of people have been given today off, thus making it a three day weekend! It's true for our house and it's starting off to be a nice three day weekend...not getting out of bed until after 7:00am, cinnamon rolls in the oven as I type, thoughts of needing to prepare my dessert for tomorrow. It's feeling like a kick back, easy going, kind of day.

A relaxing day at home will be good, because the next two days are FULL! Tomorrow my Grandmother is hosting lunch before family members head off to the California Speedway for the big Red, White, and Cruise festivities. My brothers band is playing and is the opening act for Taylor Hicks! So we'll be heading out to support the band. And then we'll be heading to the church family festivities where I heard they are anticipating 240 people showing up! They are roasting a whole pig in addition to the traditional hot dogs and hamburgers and all the sides imaginable.

Sunday is church and then Hannah has a birthday pool party to attend in the afternoon. Most definitely a busy couple of days ahead of us.

What are your plans for this fine three day weekend??

1 comment:

VIV SAWYER said...

LUCKY GIRL!! I LOVE TAYLOR HICKS...SO NICE THAT YOUR BROTHER'S BAND OPENED FOR HIM.
http://sawyerstamper.blogspot.com

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...