Saturday, May 30, 2009

Possible Closing of State Parks

On Friday, California Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, proposed closing many parks statewide, in attempts to save $143 million dollars a year and help California's failing budget. A list of the possible closures can be found here at the end of the news article.

We've been to a few of the parks on the list, and if indeed they do close, I'm glad we got the chance to explore the state park before they close.

It's sad that these beautiful parks and beaches would close. What's even sadder is that in this failing economy where families are having to cut back financially on family adventures and entertainment, I bet more and more people are turning to the State Parks for something to do. And soon, that option might be lost.

Closing state parks, making cuts to our education, all in attempt to help our States failing budget. Why is there never any mention of paycuts to the governor or all the other elected officials?

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs and on my own blogging, but I saw this and wanted to comment quickly.

Why is there never any mention of cutting funding to all the illegal aliens?! It would save billions and billions! Give them a month to get home and after the end of the month, NO MORE MONEY (NADA!)!

Whew, I had to get that off my chest (as a native and ex-Californian)! :D

Darcy said...

I agree wholeheartedly, Kim.

Liz said...

Can I give Kim's comment a hearty AMEN from Texas, too?

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...