Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This is the Day

A couple of days ago, a gentleman from our church had the following on his Facebook status.

"This is the day which the LORD has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Let's not waste it!!


While I know the verse. I liked what he added, "Let's not waste it!".

I got to thinking about that.

How many times in a week do we waste away a day with not being glad and rejoicing? How many days are 'wasted' with being negative in our thoughts, in our actions? How many days are wasted by not taking in all the surrounding beauty the Lord has created?

We don't know how many "days" we have left on this earth. I know for sure, I'm going to try my best to not waste the days that are given to me.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Funny you should post this. Last week, on the day of my Alison's delivery, I woke up that morning & kept singing the song that goes along w/ that verse. I kept thinking "how odd that I'd think of THAT song TODAY--of all days!" but God gently reminded me that day that regardless of decisions made & regardless of what happened that day, it could still be a day that HE received glory through. I realized that it was less about what she made a choice to do that day & more about what I chose to do with that, how I responded to it.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...