Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Rambling

It's the first day of being off track, and between the springing forward of the clocks over the weekend, and not needing to get up and out the door, I was able to sleep in until about 7:15! Which I realize is really 6:15, but it was still nice!

When we go off track, our normal routine is thrown off and we go into the "off track routine". Hannah prefers to eat breakfast later in the morning, instead of shortly after she gets up (she's like me that way), and we don't always sit together for breakfast as a family when we're off track. Beds aren't made right off the bat, and things are overall just more relaxed.

Today, my goal was/is to not leave the house at all. No running here, no running there. I want one day home...all day. This coming weekend is BUSY! Hannah's has a girl function on Friday night, Saturday morning is my niece's 5th birthday party, that night is the Couple's Fellowship at church with a St. Patricks Day potluck followed by playing Bunco! Then Sunday afternoon, Hannah has yet another birthday party to go to. So today, we're home and I'm going no where. LOL.

It seems like our cupboards have been lacking in the snack/something good to munch on department lately. So today, I wanted to bake some cookies and use up the too ripe bananas and make some banana bread. In this day and age of rising grocery prices, it's better economically to bake cookies from scratch. Not only are homemade cookies better on the pocket book, but homemade cookies are yummier and make a lot more than you'd get in a package of store bought cookies. I used my handy dandy little scoopers and all the cookies came out in uniform shape and size, all eight dozen! We know have cookies to pack in our lunch when we meet friends at the park later in the week!

Other than that, I'm just getting things done around the house. Dinner is already in the oven. The next two weeks worth of meals are being planned and a grocery list is in the works. The girls are getting along relatively really well today. And all in all, it's just a nice day at home!

2 comments:

Letti said...

I have enjoyed it today too. I am still in my pj's and I am loving just lounging around. Your cookies sound so good maybe I will make some. Nothings better than a house that smells like fresh baked cookies.

Liz said...

Sounds like a good day to me!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...