Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Times in Which We Live

I have been a Christian all my life.

I grew up in a Christian home and for years have heard the message that Jesus will be returning soon.

I remember growing up and thinking I didn't want the Lord to come back until I was married. I just wanted to experience what it's like to be married and be loved by a husband. And then it was not wanting the Lord to come back until after I've experienced the joys and happiness of being a mother.

And now...

Although I've heard having grandchildren is great. I can whole heartedly and honestly say I hope the Lord comes back before my girls are old enough to have children and make me a Gramma.

The moral decline, the lack of values, the diminishing of faith in todays society, saddens me and only makes me long for the Lord to return...and soon.

Today, we are voting not only for a new President, whereas, it'll be history for our nation if a black man becomes President of the United States. But here in California we're also voting on how to define marriage (Prop 8). We've already voted on how marriage should be defined in 2000. We voted and passed Prop 22. And today, we must vote again. We are also voting on whether or not a parent deserves to be informed before their daughter has an abortion (Prop 4). Voting on whether or not a parent should be allowed to know what's happening to their child!

As I drove to Hannah's school to pick her up, a lady was standing on the corner of a busy intersection with her "Yes on 8" sign, just as many from our church have down in the last two days. Seeing this lady brought tears to my eyes. Why must we vote on such Propositions?

“But realize this, that in the last days perilous times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.” ~2 Timothy 3:1-5

We must vote on such things because we are living in end times. And things are only going to get worse.

And therefore I say, "come quickly Lord Jesus".

7 comments:

Kim said...

Like I said on your last post, it is truly unbelievable you have to on these issues! I have been lifting it up in prayer throughout the day.

Mishel said...

I understand how you feel. When I was your age and my kids were young, I thought, "How much worse can it get?" And now that I have grandchildren, my heart is even more grieved for what is ahead for them. I'm with you...come quickly, Lord!

Joy Howse said...

I ditto everything you have said. I felt the same way when I was growing up and now am worried about the future for my children. Even Andrew's class did a mock voting thing today (4th grade!!!) They were told to just give their vote without knowing the background on the issues. How can they be expected to do that? And, more importantly, do I want his teacher explaining these things to him? NO. Not a happy camper and not sure what to do about it now. They did skip voting on Prop 4 but 'discussed' and voted on Prop 8. UGH!!!!!

Darcy said...

Wow. They discussed Prop 8 in the 4th grade class?? Yikes.

Liz said...

My kids & I discussed abortion & same sex marriage tonight. They were shocked & astounded by the very idea of either one. Savannah even said "I want to throw up just thinking about that". That's right, baby...........that's the response we should all have!

Anonymous said...

I remember my great grandmother sitting at the table saying 'these are end times' and not wanting it to be so, for the same reasons as you. Problem is, now our daughters' are not only hearing the same things, but having the same reactions that we did! They are going to want to experience life, too, and not want the end to come yet :) I am thankful that my kids are still young, and not fully aware of the corruption of our world. - Carolyn

Patty said...

Well said Darcy. When I was younger and you were small, I felt the same way..I had too much life to live with you kids and dad. "Don't come yet Lord there is too much life to live."

But like you, as my reltionship with the Lord grew deeper, I realized I wanted to be with the Lord.... more than be delivered from this fallen world.

I never thought I'd be a Gramma...but my heart's desire was given to me.

This world isn't our home, we are just passing through to our eternal home. And we can't even comprehend with our hearts and minds how much more God has for us there.

We are living in exciting times even though they are perilous...for such a time as this God has chosen us to be alive this very time to witness all He can do and will do for those who trust Him!

Good post, Darc!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...