Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finally Caught Up to Me

All the running and busyness I was faced with last week finally caught up with me.

Over the weekend I came down with a cold, and yesterday afternoon the cough really hit me. I had taken some cough medicine on an empty stomach and the drowsiness as an effect put me on the couch for the afternoon and all evening. Thankfully Hannah was able to do her homework on her own, having Daddy check it over, and Daddy made dinner. Today, I feel sooo much better. I am extremely sore from all the coughing I did, but I feel so much better!! Last night was the first night I'd slept good in about a week, sleep it does a body good!

Today, I'm taking it easy.

If you follow Rachel's blog, you'll have read that Aiden is having his lip and palate repaired today. Last night Joy called (Aiden's Mommy) with a few questions. I'm so thankful the Lord is using me this way to encourage her and put her mind at ease as to what's to come. I know all the emotions that Joy is experiencing. Being a Mommy who's walked in her shoes, I know things to pray for specifically. Handing your baby over to the scrub nurse and watching her walk away with your baby is one of the hardest things I've had to do thus far as a Mommy. I'm hoping I continue to feel even better as the day goes on so I can go visit Aiden and Joy this evening in the hospital, but I'm definitely playing that by ear.

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...