Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Must See Movie: Fireproof

We just returned home from a wonderful evening with friends. My mother in law called a couple of days ago and said she would be coming down today to see the movie Fireproof in our local theaters, as it wasn't playing in any of the surrounding theaters where she lives. She offered to come hang out with the girls so that we could see a movie, grab dinner, or both. As appreciative as I am to have had the offer, honestly, after all the running I did this week and as busy as I was, not to mention now I have the start of a cold, I was looking forward to not leaving the house at all today. Lounging about, doing nothing, nadda, not a single thing, except maybe reading. :)

And then Plan B came to mind. Earlier this afternoon, the thought crossed my mind to ask if Carol wouldn't mind watching Keith and Amy's daughter so that we could go on a double date together and you know, talk uninterrupted without any kids, etc. I knew she'd be more than happy to and that's exactly what we did this evening. We went and saw Fireproof, and then had a wonderfully yummy dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We had a great time and it was nice to get out with our friends and no kids!

This is a MUST SEE movie for any married couple. Whether you have marital problems or not. It'll minister to you and show you how, or remind you, how to love your spouse unselfishly and unconditionally, the way Christ loves. I wouldn't mind seeing this movie again, it was THAT good. For more information, visit the website Fireproofmymarriage.com.

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...