Friday, August 15, 2008

Going to See Randy Travis TONIGHT!

I am a fan of Randy Travis and have been since I was 15 years old.

I've seen him quite a few times over the years, the most recent was Last September, when my friend Amy and I volunteered at one of his inspirational appearances at a church in Orange County. That was such an awesome opportunity and the sitting in the front row of his sound check won't ever be forgotten! I even have a whole picture album dedicated to that event! LOL.

Imagine my great excitement to learn that Randy (we're on a first name basis) was going to be at The Harvest Crusades this year! The event went on the calendar and my mind was set, I was going!

About a month ago, my Aunt who works in one of the Crusades behind the scene volunteer areas, emailed me. This year, the volunteers were allowed to reserve seats and she wanted to know if I wanted seats! This is the same Aunt who took me and my Mom to a benefit dinner a few years ago when Randy was performing. My Aunt knows of my love for Randy and always looks out for me when she has the inside scoop of when he's at our old church, etc. Anyways, it turns out the reserved seats were already gone for the Crusades, however, because she can get in the gates before they open, she will be physically saving me some seats! I'm so excited! Thanks Aunt Sandy!!!

Originally my parents were going to go, but with the heat and long wait, they opted to stay home and watch it online via the webcast in the comforts of home and air conditioning! They've also offered to watch the girls so we can go kidless. Steven will hopefully be getting off around 2:30 and then we'll be on our way. And as it stands right now, Amy and her husband Keith are trying to find places for their children for the night, and will come and meet us later this evening!

It'll be a date night for all of us! And maybe since we'll be so close, and kidless, we can go hit a ride or two at The Happiest Place on Earth. :)

1 comment:

Mishel said...

Have a great time! I think I told you before, but I went to the very first Harvest Crusade. We used to go every year, but it's been a while.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...