Saturday, July 26, 2008

Water...It Makes a Difference!!!

Two weeks ago, I wrote about our neighborhood and posted a picture of the house next door, the one that had been foreclosed and the yard not watered for over a year and a half. Here is the picture again:For the last two weeks, Steven has been taking care of the yard. Having spent over two hours on adjusting, replacing, and fixing the sprinklers, the yard has been watered now for two weeks. Steven has shoveled the dirt spilling onto the sidewalk from the gophers and edged the 'grass'. That made a huge difference in how the yard looked. Here is the house now, two weeks after we started watering it.
It's amazing what water does for a yard!

While we were gone this past weekend, a cleaning crew must have come. All the trash and belongings left behind in the back and side yards, and I imagine in the house as well, has all been cleaned up and removed. With the yard greening up, the house almost looks lived in!

2 comments:

Mishel said...

Wow! What an amazing transformation--and how neat that your hubby has been taking care of the yard. I have a feeling that we are going to see a lot more of this kind of thing in the next few years as more and more people loose their homes. : (

Liz said...

Wow! Way to go, Steven!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...