Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shaking and Baking: California Style

So I'm sure everyone has heard that Southern California had a pretty good size earthquake late this morning.

Me, the girls, and Gramma were in Redlands, at a ceramic painting studio and felt it. It rolled and it lasted a long time. Nothing fell off the shelves.

I hate earthquakes. Hate them. Hate them. Hate them. I've learned in recent years to keep myself composed for the sake of my watching children. LOL. But this one today, it just kept going. It's been awhile since we've had one of this size-able magnitude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never have minded earthquakes, ever. Not much you can do about them, so why worry, and of all the natural disasters (hurricaines, tornado's and the like) earthquakes are the least violent of them all. And...... it was kinda neat ~ the pool sloshed for 20 minutes!!

Carolyn

Kim said...

I actually kind of like earthquakes (within limits)...weird, I know.

Jon and alyssa said...

I'm right there with you! I have ALWAYS hated earthquakes. When it hit, my husband and I got in the doorway of our hall, and when it was over, I did not want to get out of our doorway.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...