It's been mentioned a few times about what people must think when they read my blogs. We do a lot of fun and exciting things and I'm sure it may come across as though we "live the high life".
That isn't so. Sure, we do a lot of fun and exciting things, but in everything we do, I try to be economical about it.
* When we go to Disneyland, I always pack snacks and drinks. If we are there over a meal, I almost always pack sandwiches and chips. If not for all of us, I especially do it for the girls because they don't care what they eat, and most times don't finish what's been bought anyways.
* Last week, when the girls and I went shopping for school things, I had coupons for each of the stores we visited, and I used each of the coupons. I even used coupons for lunch at Wienerschnitzel.
* Last month, when we went to San Diego, I had a coupon for SeaWorld that saved us $40! The hotel we booked, we booked on hotels.com which saved us. And I had meal coupons for when we ate at the zoo.
* The performance of The Wizard of Oz we went to last night, was totally free. And rather than stop at a fast food joint on our way, I packed sandwiches and cheese sticks and drinks and snacks. Aside from the gas it took us to drive there, it was free evening.
* That Hollywood trip we took at the beginning of the month to see Wall*E, that was Gramie's treat and we appreciated it very much.
* Our camping trips, the campsite for Mammoth was split six ways, and the other two times the sites were paid for. Camping is a VERY inexpensive way of getting away. Especially when you tent camp and don't have to haul a trailer or pay those payments, or the price of gas when towing.
A funny example of how I really try to save us the most amount of money was last month, we were at the San Diego Zoo and I had two coupons for 20% of your total meal. I suggested to Steven that we order separately, him take one girl and I'll take one girl. Then we each could use a coupon and save. Steven pointed out to me that 20% of the total order would be the same amount of savings whether we ordered together or not. DUH! That one had us laughing the rest of the day. I was just trying to save us as much as I could. LOL.
I agree, we do a lot of fun things and have a lot of adventures, and I'm very thankful for the deals, the coupons, and opportunities that come our way.
Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...
I have once again taken on the role as Box Tops Coordinator for our school this year. We are currently within the top ten schools in the Sta...
This year, I've taken on official positions at the girls' school. Not only am I the PTA Secretary , but I am also the Box Tops Coord...
Last June, we got a hitch put on our new van in order to put a bike rack on the back and cart our bikes with us to the beach when we camped....