Monday, May 17, 2010

A Day of Rest

In Genesis 2:3, it says that on the seventh day, God rested....What a reminder of the importance it is to take a day here or a day there to rest and not feel guilty about it.

In our busy lives - some Moms working outside the home, others carting kids back and forth to school, homework, meal planning, errands, grocery shopping, etc, etc, etc. It's important to take time every now and then to just rest. It's obviously important - God did it!! :)

And that is exactly what we did this last Saturday! It was pure bliss!!!

The last several weeks have been extremely busy, and the weekends packed full. Early last week, when we looked ahead and saw that that weekend held nothing, we made sure to keep it that way.

We did go to Disneyland on Friday night, but Saturday, we never left home. I tried a new recipe for breakfast. I colored my hair. I cleaned off the patio. And eventually sat outside and started in on a new book. Steven got up to date on posting Podcasts of recent sermons. The girls played games on the computer and DSi's, they caught up on chores.

It was a nice and much needed day of going no where and not having to be anywhere.

In the evening, we had some friends over to talk about our upcoming camping trip over Memorial Day weekend. We BBQ'd chicken and then play a few rounds of Mexican Train, a dominoes game, out on the patio. Most definitely a great day!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

What book are ya reading??

Darcy said...

I started Shades of Blue by Karen.

Email me the name of that author you and I talked about a while back. I can't remember her name.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...