Tuesday, March 9, 2010

JOY on the Freeway

Today, I was on the freeway, running a quick errand before having to return to the school to pick up Rachel. I was in the slow lane, approaching my exit and noticed a car on the shoulder with its hazard lights on, and just a ways up the freeway was a woman walking towards the offramp. I threw on my hazard lights and pulled over and offered her a ride off the freeway. She accepted.

The woman appeared to be in her late 40's. Wore perfume that smelled like my mother in law and was on her way to work when all of a sudden her car just stopped, thankfully being able to pull onto the shoulder. I drove her off the freeway and to a place of business just on the other side of the fence of where she left her parked car. She had no cell phone and would now call AAA for a tow truck.

When she got out of the car she shook my hand, told me her name was 'Joy', and thanked me and said "God Bless". I told her I would pray her day would be a good one despite the car breaking down.

It was nice to help someone out that way, to show the love of Jesus in this day and age where a lot of people won't always stop to help a stranger. Today, I found JOY on the freeway! :)

1 comment:

Joy Howse said...

I think people have all but stopped helping people on the side of the freeway because they assume they all have cell phones and have called for help already. How nice to have met JOY. :) and I know you were the JOY of her day!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...